The image shows the difference between raster and vector graphics when the size is increased.
Guidelines for Logos
- Simple designs
- Must also work in black and white
- Limit colors to no more than three
- Limit fonts to no more than two
- Use vector graphics for scalability
- Don't use clip art
First and foremost, I do not consider myself a designer, but I have the abilities to produce designs.
With that out of the way, there are two main reasons you should use my services.
- You have a logo that you use, but it is not in vector format, and/or you want it adjusted. In this case, I can trace/re-draw your current logo and put it in vector format.
- You want a logo and are happy with the samples you see here.
Freelance work is $35 per hour.
Existing raster based logo to professional format: 100-dollar processing fee.
Logo designs that do not require excessive back and forth run 300. There is a non-refundable upfront fee of 100 dollars, with the remaining 200 on acceptance of the design. More complex/multi draft logos run around 600. If the logo requires a greater timetable, then additional time will be billed at 35 per hour.
- Brain Storm and focus business concepts with Client
- Research and Drafting
- Present at least one concept/theme, with at least two designs.
- Refine Design or skip to 6
- Revise based on feedback - up to two revisions.
- If second revision is rejected, terminate contract - or - extend at 35 per hour.
- Else, move on to step 6.
- Deliver finished Design, receive remaining payment.
What you will receive?
You will receive the logo in color and black and white versions. For multipurpose use, you will receive the logo in the following formats.
- .png - for high quality office documents/use on the internet.
- .jpg - for general use on the internet and printing.
- Adobe Illustrator file - a master copy in the orginal format. Most professionals can use this format.
- PDF file - for all around vector use. i.e. large sign printing, t-shirts, embroidery etc.